Friday, April 18, 2008

Summer is here!

Living in Vermont it is not uncommon for warm weather to evade us until the end of May and beginning of July. I am a May baby and I can personally attest to the fact that I usually could be skiing on my birthday. This year however we have a surprising week of warm weather. Yesterday it was 74 and today it was 77. That is a definite record for APRIL!!! Now let me remind you that Vermonters are the ones who done shorts and t-shirts the minute the thermometer hits 50 degrees, and sometimes even earlier. Can you imagine what people are doing now? Let me tell you. All the college kids who have been hibernating for winter and only coming out for classes, if they even do, and start coming down to the public beach. The public beach doesn't open until Memorial Day and it just so happens that my school is the closest building to the beach. So as I was leaving on the bus today, I am one of the few Juniors who don't have a car or friends who have a car, and I see countless college kids traipsing across the school lawns with their dogs (?) and Bud Lights. It is great to see everybody out and about...but they were parking in the student lot, faculty lot, and even the bus stop. I have it from my sources that there were even cars being towed. So, there is your update on my life...with absolutely no fashion involved. I am going to start working on another post right now. By the way, if there is anything that you would like to see on here I am working on a new theme to this blog, so please, please help me out with advice. I will give you some of my ideas in a later post.

No comments: